Kids’ Guitar Crash Course
Over 6 hours, your child will be shown everything they need to know to get started on their guitar-playing journey and go from guitar zero to guitar hero! They’ll also receive a comprehensive pack of learning resources to help them practice and consolidate what they learn at home.
The course is aimed at children aged 7-11 and complete beginners (no prior playing experience necessary, although if your child already has some, let us know and we’ll make sure we adjust the material accordingly).
We will provide everything your child needs for the course, including a guitar if you don’t have one.
Here’s what will be covered:
- Guitar Riffs & Melodies (well-known tunes your child will recognise)
- How to Read Guitar Music (TAB & chord charts)
- Picking & Strumming Techniques (to avoid picking up bad habits from the beginning!)
- Basic Chords and How To Change Between Them (so they can start playing their favourite songs)
- Learning Songs (by classic & contemporary artists your child will know)
- Personalised Advice and Guidance (from our expert teachers)
- PLUS: A Folder Containing All Learning Materials (to help your child practice at home)
- PLUS: Additional Audio & Video Resources (to help you practice at home)
When & Where?
The 1st Kids’ Guitar Crash Course takes place on the following dates and times in our teaching room on the 4th floor of The Business XChange Hub, Lansdowne Road, Croydon, CR0 2BX:
- Wednesday 7th August – 10am-12noon
- Thursday 8th August – 10am-12noon
- Friday 9th August – 10am-12noon
The 2nd Kids’ Guitar Crash Course takes place two weeks later:
- Wednesday 21st August – 10am-12noon
- Thursday 22nd August – 10am-12noon
- Friday 23rd August – 10am-12noon
£120 (includes tuition, course resources and teacher support)
HOW TO BOOK YOUR CHILD’S PLACE
To book your child onto one of our Kids’ Guitar Crash Courses, click one of the buttons below to make a payment via our secure platform. We’ll be in touch within 48 hours to confirm their place. We look forward to seeing your child on the course!
Kids’ Guitar Crash Course – 7th,8th & 9th August
Kids’ Guitar Crash Course – 21st, 22nd, 23rd August
My name is Vicki Workman and, here at Croydon Guitar Tuition, my teachers and I help many young guitar players accomplish their dreams of learning to play the songs they love. Guitar is a sociable instrument and your child will have the most fun and make the most progress learning with others. Many of our current students started with us at just 6 or 7 years old and now, as teenagers, are at grade 7-8 standard and regularly jam together and even form bands! We encourage collaboration, not just with other guitar players but also with other musicians, and our students get regular opportunities to perform at special events run by us and in the wider Croydon music community.
After all, this is what playing guitar should be all about!
Learning guitar from a young age will nurture a life-long love of music in your child and give them a fun and rewarding skill which will stay with them throughout their life. We look forward to welcoming them into our community of dedicated guitar players 🙂
If you have questions about our Kids’ Guitar Crash Course, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling 07980 845688 or filling in the contact form below. We are also running a Beginner Guitar Crash Course & Improver Guitar Crash Course for older guitar players as part of our summer of musical learning.