Improver Guitar Crash Course
Over 6 hours, you’ll be shown tips and tricks to help you practice correctly so that you can ensure you’ll be continuing on your guitar-playing journey the right way. You’ll also receive a comprehensive pack of learning resources to help you practice and consolidate what you learn at home.
The course is aimed at teen (13+) and adult guitar players with some prior playing experience (minimum 6 months). We’ll expect you to know a few basic chords plus be comfortable reading TAB & chord charts. Beyond that, we will provide everything you need for the course, including a guitar if you don’t have one.
Here’s what will be covered:
- You’ll be shown some well-known riffs and melodies, fretting techniques and how to get a clean sound out of the notes as you play them.
- You’ll be shown how to move up and down the fretboard effortlessly, without having to pause every time you need to go to a new note.
- You’ll be taught how to change cleanly between chords as you strum, so that you’re not creating unwanted gaps in your playing as you tackle one of your favourite songs
- You’ll learn some simple strumming patterns so that the songs you learn will sound much more like they do on the recording!
- You’ll learn and practice with others, which will help to develop your listening and timing skills, as well as provide support from other improving guitar players.
- You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback on your playing from our expert teachers
- PLUS: A Folder Containing All Learning Materials (to help you practice at home)
- PLUS: Additional Audio & Video Resources (to help you practice at home)
When & Where?
The 1st Improver Guitar Crash Course takes place on the following dates and times in our teaching room on the 4th floor of The Business XChange Hub, Lansdowne Road, Croydon, CR0 2BX:
- Monday 5th August – 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Thursday 8th August – 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Saturday 10th August – 2.30pm-4.30pm
The 2nd Improver Guitar Crash Course takes place two weeks later:
- Monday 19th August – 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Thursday 22nd August – 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Saturday 24th August – 2.30pm-4.30pm
£120 (includes tuition, course resources and teacher support)
HOW TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
To book your place on one of our Improver Guitar Crash Courses, click one of the buttons below to make a payment via our secure platform. We’ll be in touch within 48 hours to confirm your place. We look forward to seeing you on the course!
Improver Guitar Crash Course – 5th-10th August
Improver Guitar Crash Course – 19th-24th August
My name is Vicki Workman and, here at Croydon Guitar Tuition, my teachers and I help many guitar players accomplish their dreams of learning to play the songs they love. Guitar is a sociable instrument and can best be learnt with others. Several of our students, who have studied with us for many years, have become friends who have gone on to jam together and even form bands! We encourage collaboration, not just with other guitar players but also with other musicians and our students get regular opportunities to perform at special events run by us and in the wider Croydon music community. After all, this is what playing guitar should be all about!
We look forward to welcoming you onto our Improver Crash Course and into our community of dedicated guitar players 🙂
If you have questions about our Beginner Guitar Crash Course, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling 07980 845688 or filling in the contact form below. We are also running a Beginner Guitar Crash Course for complete beginners and a Kids’ Guitar Crash Course for children aged 7-11 as part of our summer of musical learning.