Beginner Guitar Crash Course
Over 6 hours, you’ll be shown everything you need to know to get started on your guitar-playing journey and receive a comprehensive pack of learning resources to help you practice and consolidate what you learn at home.
The course is aimed at teen (13+) and adult complete beginners (no prior playing experience necessary). We will provide everything you need for the course, including a guitar if you don’t have one.
Here’s what will be covered:
- Basic Guitar Orientation (names of guitar parts, tuning)
- Correct Picking & Strumming Techniques (ensure you’re not picking up any bad habits)
- How to Read Guitar Music (TAB & chord charts)
- Basic Chords and How To Change Between Them (so you can play your favourite songs)
- Riffs & Melodies (start playing real music right away!)
- Learning Songs (using the chords covered on the course)
- Learning & Playing With Others (develop your listening & timing skills + get support from other beginning guitarists)
- Get Personalised Advice and Guidance (from our expert teachers)
- PLUS: A Folder Containing All Learning Materials (to help you practice at home)
- PLUS: Additional Audio & Video Resources (to help you practice at home)
When & Where?
The 1st Beginner Guitar Crash Course takes place on the following dates and times in our teaching room on the 4th floor of The Business XChange Hub, Lansdowne Road, Croydon, CR0 2BX:
- Monday 29th July – 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Thursday 1st August – 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Saturday 3rd August – 2.30pm-4.30pm
The 2nd Beginner Guitar Crash Course takes place two weeks later:
- Monday 12th August – 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Thursday 15th August – 7.30pm-9.30pm
- Saturday 17th August – 2.30pm-4.30pm
£120 (includes tuition, course resources and teacher support)
HOW TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
To book your place on one of our Beginner Guitar Crash Courses, click ones of the buttons below to make a payment via our secure platform. We’ll be in touch within 48 hours to confirm your place. We look forward to seeing you on the course!
Beginner Guitar Crash Course – 29th July-3rd August
Beginner Guitar Crash Course – 12th-17th August
My name is Vicki Workman and, here at Croydon Guitar Tuition, my teachers and I help budding guitar players accomplish their dreams of learning to play the songs they love. Guitar is a sociable instrument and can best be learnt with others. Many of our students, who started with us as complete beginners, have become friends who now jam together regularly and have even formed bands! We encourage collaboration, not just with other guitar players but also with other musicians and our students get regular opportunities to perform at special events run by us and in the wider Croydon music community. After all, this is what playing guitar should be all about!
We look forward to welcoming you onto our Beginner Crash Course and into our community of dedicated guitar players 🙂
If you have questions about our Beginner Guitar Crash Course, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling 07980 845688 or filling in the contact form below. We are also running a Kids’ Guitar Crash Course for children aged 7-11 and an Improver Guitar Crash Course for players with some experience as part of our summer of musical learning.