Every Friday afternoon, we go live in our Facebook group to answer questions from our students and give playing & practice tips.
In this episode, Mike was joined by fellow guitar teacher Zak Dajani & together they covered a LOT of ground:
- The importance of practicing slowly
- Why learning guitar is like weight training
- Bracing techniques for stopping unwanted string noise
- Picking techniques for developing speed
- Sequencing 3 note per string scales for picking practice
- Muting strings with picking & fretting hands
- Scale practice: improvising licks along to backing tracks
- Why you should split your time between playing for fun & working at the limits of your ability
- Have patience: It won’t happen immediately but with time & persistence, you will become the guitar player you want to be!
Lots of great info here for guitar players of all levels.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified of more Q&A’s, student performances & bonus content from our teachers!